Along with my talk & workshop @ 26c3, I can submit a 5-10 page (A4) paper.

It's optional, granted, but I think it'd be a Good Idea™ to have it
in. It'll be published in the proceedings, which basically means that
it'll be going home with a few thousand hackers. It'll reach whoever's
not at my talk, and be reinforcement for those who are.

Unfortunately, I'm going to be pretty much swamped w/ grad school apps
until Dec 1 at least (mrr :-/). And that's when the papers are due,
since they need to print 'em and all that. Practically speaking, I
don't have the time to write it by myself (which at any other time, I
would).

So... I'm asking for your help.

If you're interested in helping out, don't ask, just go edit the
google doc below - preferably while signed in from a google account,
so I can track changes better. (I've left it open for editing at this
point by anyone even without a login; I'll make it require logins only
if someone decides to be destructive.)

If you do decide to contribute, please email me offlist letting me
know what you did, so I can credit you appropriately (especially if
you're editing without being logged in), and give you direct editing
permissions in case I have to lock it down.

I've written an outline of roughly what I want it to cover and some
other notes; please read it over first.

Of course, all significant contributors get byline credit in the
paper, and credit in my actual presentation.

The other thing some of you may see as a bonus for helping out: the
paper needs to have running examples for its main section, so it can
say first the explanation of what one does at a given stage, and then
an actual sample from a real conlang's progression. Basically any
artlang will do for this so long as it's a reasonably normal one
(preferably with an interesting hook that can be explained very
quickly, like Dritok or Kelen's). For instruction purposes, I think
it'd be best for this section to follow one particular artlang through
each step, rather than have a new one each time.

So: whoever contributes the most, we use your favorite artlang for the
samples. And thereby expose it a bit more to the world. :-)

Extra examples (artlang and otherwise) will be needed of unusual
decisions or just plain niftiness, basically just for inspiration and
to give a sense of possibilities. They needn't be well explained, just
enough to give a "that's cool!" reaction that someone can later look
up more info on.

Anyway, the paper: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dct5h6zd_8ctnnm7g4

Please ask if you have any questions not answered here or in its notes.

This is a total experiment for me; let's see how it goes. ;-)

Thanks in advance,
- Sai