For the narrative format of this hoped-for tome, I think I would use
alliterative poetry - expanding the vocabulary as I go! - but also
focus on 'visual poetry', which I'm sure my conculture has but I'm not
sure how works.

I once saw a mighty passage (of English) written in a fixed-width font
such that every line had the same number of characters in it. This
would be fitting if there were such a thing as fixed-width fonts in my
conculture, but there are not. Due to the nature of their introduction
to technology, typesetting never created such a monster. So, since my
alphabet so far has a distinction between 'wide' and 'tall'
characters, maybe something playing with them would work.

Ah, perhaps a book of palindromes? Ha, alliterative palindromes would
be quite a feat.

Anyway, as for the actual story I'm not sure my conculture has long
narratives.  The tendency is towards collections of fairly related
shorts, with some premise of relevance to the reader. Instead of a
forceful conclusion with a big climax and ending, the stories have
that connection stated at the end- "and this is why I'm relating the
story". Often like a moral, but at other times a question or just a
saying.

I don't know if any equivalent of our fiction is developed. I think
the fiction would all explicitly state itself to be fictional- 'what
if this happened?' type stories.