http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2009/11/usc-professor-creates-alien-language-for-avatar.html

>> Just a heads-up, in case you're interested. The new movie "Avatar" contains
>> its own (apparently) well-rounded Conlang.
>
>And there's a commenter implying that Frommer may have plagiarized his
>own conlang (because they both use the digraph <tx>, and "Elvahnin"
>sounds sort of vaguely similar to "Na'vi" if your ears are stuffed
>with cotton). Sigh...

That brings to mind: has anyone ever thought of releasing a conlang to be
freely used in productions such as this? I don't mean creating one
specifically for the purpose, just liberating an old one. Free fame, if
anyone picks it up, and it might even lead to more specific paying commissions…

FrathWiki comes to close with its CC licensing, but there is still the
ShareAlike clause (not that this is a bad thing at all since it *is*
intended as a repository, not a warehouse).

John Vertical