On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Paul Schleitwiler, FCM
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Here are links to two sites for creating your own font
> Font Generator - Make Your Own Handwriting Font With Your
> Fonts<http://www.yourfonts.com/>
> Create a font from your own handwriting -
> fontcapture.com<http://www.fontcapture.com/>

I used Your Fonts ( http://yourfonts.com )  for mine. The results were
passable as long as you keep the font size relatively small. The edges
are really rough when you zoom in (or make it large) though. I tried
bringing it in to FontForge for editing and there were simply too many
points that needed cleaning up. If you wanted something really clean
it'd probably take less time to build one from scratch in it. If
you're ok with something that looks passable at typical font sizes and
are ok with the limitation of a font that simply maps your orthography
to a-z, its accented cousins, and the common symbols I'd recommend it.
It's free, filling out the template is a fun little diversion
(although it'll take you a couple attempts to get each page perfect
and requires a scanner), and being able to type in your languages
orthography is just excellent.

-Kate