Thanks you all for your answers! I will try to answer everyone here.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 1:13 AM, David Peterson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I don't know; the language at some point
> almost seems to build itself...

Ahm, my first language, a posteriori, goes like this. But so far, just this
one... sigh.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 1:38 AM, Kelvin Jackson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>   Sometimes I do have insights about the 'true' name of
>> something, and that gives authority to my decision.
>>

> Are you synaesthetic by any chance? This sounds like that sort of thing...

Mildly, yes : ). Just recently I perceived this kind of automatic relations
I make, with sounds, movement, shapes, vowels, consonants. The first time I
remember, I saw a huge white surface, and it screamed "[a:]" to me.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 2:44 AM, Matthew Turnbull <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Slow vocabulary creation is a problem for me only because I don't work on
> it
> enough, for me, making a word is like this, you clear your mind of
> everything except what your trying to name, and you think of sounds, string
> them together and taste them until you think that a sound pattern fits what
> your naming, then that's it!

I will try that. For now it springs by itself: I think of something, and the
name comes. I just hope my inspiration have some plan about our (!?)
phonology. ; )

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:05 AM, Daniel Bowman <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> My solution was to go really slowly.  I started seriously working on
> Angosey
> in 2001, and it only broke 1,000 words in 2009.  It broke 1000 only after I
> felt the language was sophisticated enough to use as a diary.  Previously,
> it was a collection of poems and short snippets written on scraps of paper
> and notebooks.  This let me feel my way through the language and use the
> same simple vocabulary words and phrases long enough to intimately
> understand where to take the language next.
>
> As for creating vocabulary out of nothing...good luck.  I feel it out, and
> that means I usually am completely worn out after 20 words or so.  I could
> never invent hundreds of words in a short time and have the language feel
> natural.  That's why I've bootstrapped Angosey through slow, continuous
> use.

Unless something changes, that will be my process too. Very nice to see such
endurance, really! About creating more vocabulary, once, say, I knew a horse
is 'hram', I saw that 'har' was a verb, and -am the suffix of agent. So I
think it will be easier to make up from that. The relation between sound and
meaning is appeased with some regular morphological derivation : ).