OK, I'm done with this thread.  It must be getting tedious for some folks, and it is clear that no-one on this list is able to help me learn this.

I think it may be possible to approach TUJ from the diphthong in Eng TOY.  After all, they're both round back vowels followed by [j].  I'll keep trying and maybe eventually I'll master it.

For now I'm going to move on to other matters.  Stay tuned.

Kordiale, James Chandler
http://interlanguages.net - IALs index
http://interlanguages.net/yindex.html - Ido index