2009/12/26 steve rice <[log in to unmask]>:
> --- On Fri, 12/25/09, MacLeod Dave <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> My thoughts on the matter:
>>
>> http://www.pagef30.com/2009/12/why-auxlangers-should-support-and-maybe.html
>>
>> A short summary of the reasons why: it's going to have a
>> speaker
>> community anyway, it's new and exciting, seeing a
>> constructed language
>> with more or less free word order in practice will be good
>> for us
>> (can't think of any auxlang with a real speaker base that
>> has done
>> that), it will give the world another example of how easy
>> it is to get
>> together and start using a neutral second language, and
>> it's based on
>> a future where humanity is a spacefaring race, and more
>> thinking about
>> issues to do with space and our role in it = good.
>
> Its phonology, if taken seriously, is less accessible than Klingon's, there is no official grammar available, very small lexicon/corpus...
>
> Steve

Na'vi reminds me of Dnghu in a way. No attempt to be less difficult
than a natural language (though I think it's almost impossible to
create a language more difficult than a natural language unless you're
really trying to do so) and without a complete grammar or dictionary,
and yet there's more interest out there for it than languages that do
their best to be easy and accessible.

--
http://www.pagef30.com