--- On Fri, 12/25/09, MacLeod Dave <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Na'vi reminds me of Dnghu in a way. No attempt to be less
> difficult
> than a natural language (though I think it's almost
> impossible to
> create a language more difficult than a natural language
> unless you're
> really trying to do so) and without a complete grammar or
> dictionary,
> and yet there's more interest out there for it than
> languages that do
> their best to be easy and accessible.

There's probably a feel of authenticity and viability to more complex conlangs; we may hopefully call this the Sambahsa Effect, though the better example is perhaps Volapuk. Despite the conventional wisdom that Vp was too difficult, I still believe its downfall was political rather than linguistic. I've considered an alternative history story in which it won out.

Steve