lingwadeplaneta wrote:
> --- In [log in to unmask], "<deinx nxtxr>" <deinx.nxtxr@...>
> wrote:
>
>> Happy new beer!
>>

> Hi Dana,
>
> for the occasions like New Year I definitely prefer vodka. Among
> other things, it doesn't have bad influence upon kidneys and
> urogenital system in general.

The worst hangovers I've ever had have all been from vodka.  I
mostly gave up hard liquor years ago.  Beer keeps me paced.

> I wanted a long time ago to ask you why you have [s]-[z]
> distinction in Sasxsek. Do you think that J-n's decision about
> merging them into one phoneme is not optimal? My Italian friend
> hates it but I think that others benefit.

It's there primarily because there are a number of significant
languages that have that distinction.  Arabic, Russian, English,
French and Portuguese all have a /z/.  I can see why your Italian
friend doesn't like it because it's not present in his language but
still he can pronounce [s] and get away with it  Spanish speakers so
the same thing.