Sellamat Dave !

Khauris Natal quantims !

Of course, the success of Na'vi is linked to the movie (without the movie,
Na'vi would have not existed, or would not have reach such an audience).
But, what matters for us is that laymen (i.e. not conlang freaks) hear about
conlangs (most of them may believe that there is only Esperanto in the
world...).
I can't give an opinion about Na'vi itself; whatever its quality maybe, we don't
know how the copyrightholder is going to manage the release of informations
pertaining to it... it may be frustating for the fans if Cameron and Co act
restrictively.
But, in any case, this may be profitable for the whole conlanging universe.

And, for us conlangers, this shows that the popularity of a conlang is not
obligatorily linked to its "simplicity"; motivation is more important (of course, if
the language is TOO complicated....).

Yesterday, I met for the first time "physically" another conlanger, who has
lived in the same village as I. He has invented a "symbolic" artlang and has
already 20 "adherents": http://www.langue-elko.fr/

(I hope you'll get the message, because, for the first time, I'm using a Wifi
connection from my oncle's house near Metz)

Olivier
http://sambahsa.pbworks.com/