--- On Sun, 12/27/09, Kjell Rehnström <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Where did they then get Ido from? Was it a nickname that
> the Esperantists gave them? As far as I have seen even Ido
> is sometimes called Linguo internaciona, or have I missed
> something?

It was originally Eo, as was Ido itself: it was the name of a project submited anonymously to the famous Delegation, and it no doubt reflected the meaning of the Eo word.

For an irreverent and unusually informative guide to Ido, see

http://www.homunculus.com/babel/aido.html

He also gets snarky about others; the general page is at

http://www.homunculus.com/babel/index.html

I don't always agree with him, but he's still worth a look. I'd like to see what he thinks of LFN, LdP, Sambahsa, etc.

Steve