I just had my first immersion course of Na'vi on IRC. Some of the guys
knew quite a bit of the language considering how little material is
available. And there was a dictionary bot available on the channel.
Great effort was put into respecting the phrasing habits of the Na'vi
with their cultural and exoplanetary background. The notions of infix,
mood, case, ergativity, topicalization, light verbs, were discussed -
usually not in standard linguistic terms. Not everybody was native
English speakers. Next time I'll try the Na'vi voice channel on Skype
because the vocalic trills are fun.

Conclusion: Na'vi and its new community can indeed teach something
about how to reach out.