--- On Mon, 1/4/10, Leo Ki <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> steve rice <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
> > A MODEST PROPOSAL
>
> Hurry up, there's already a Klingon forum in the Na'vi
> forums. Quite
> stunning actually, for I imagine any Klingon-Na'vi
> encounter would
> result in the Klingon exterminating the Na'vi just for the
> fun of
> it...

I know it's sometimes hard to tell, but I was/am serious about this. International organizations may not take us seriously, but linguistically inquisitive masses might. Their interest in a conlang is important; otherwise it probably wouldn't work. But as Dana observed, there are other cinematic conlangs, so we could pitch in with them as well. Perhaps the CONLANG crowd would be willing to help too. It wouldn't usher in the Millennium, perhaps, but it would give a practical example of auxlang use in what could become a highly visible endeavor. That's worth a little bother.

Steve