--- On Sat, 1/2/10, <deinx nxtxr> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Actual numbers aren't relevant, because it didn't have
> expoure to but a small handful of people most of whom jumped
> enthusiastically into the project.  10,207 posts is
> nothing for something that's been exposed to millions.
> It's about staying power.  Like all other conlangs I
> doubt this has any unless the film acquires some long-term
> cult status like Star Trek or Tolkiens works.  Like all
> other commerciallly generated fads, the media hype will be
> over soon enough and then you can expect interest to quickly
> wane.

That would be relevant if the goal were to make Na'vi an auxlang. It isn't. As I understand Dave's reasoning, people who begin with Na'vi could easily take an interest in auxlangs: it's good advertising.

Now the smart thing to do would be to set up sites about Na'vi in your favorite auxlang, especially if it's at sight. This would be a great opportunity for Ia, Occ, and even LFN. If I were further along with Inlis, I'd get involved. Perhaps if there's still interest when the sequel comes up...

Steve