>The problem for you is perhaps that "in reality" you are interested in
>Sambahsa and would like to promote it.

Of course, I would like to, but my intervention of yesterday evening was
desinterested; I quoted Occidental because I had experienced it before "live"
(ex: with you, with Valdi) and I know it can work at least as well as
Esperanto...

But, as I told in my message to the radio "Esp ist vor allem verühmt geblieben,
weil es die grösste Zahl von Sprechern hat und wegen der guten Organisation
dahinter". That's why we only hear about Esperanto outside the net.

Ask Joël Landais, the creator of Uropi, and he can tell you how difficult it was
to promote an auxlang except Esperanto befoe the Internet era.

During a debate on a French-speaking Forum with another speaker of uropi,
we both came to the conclusion that the real success is not Esperanto, the
language itself, but Esperantism, i.e. the organisation gathering people.

When we compared Esp. with Uropi, Sambahsa, Occ., etc, some Esperantists
became aggressive as they were unable to bring forward arguments except
this one: "Esperanto is wonderful; thanks to him, I could meet new people..."

I could answer that English and the other natlangs I know (and even Occ.)
are wonderful too in this way... (a Na'vi may become soon wonderful too even
if the freaks don't speak it, but meet each other on Facebook :-))

The truth is that if the Esperanto Movement would not have endured with its
traditions and meetings, then the language would be paid very little attention
nowadays, and not enjoy the monopoly it has actually...

>I guess Sambahsa (I'm tempted to write "sambāsa") isn't precisely
>targetted at the "language-learning impaired". But it is always hard to
>further two different things.

Off topic: Even if Sambahsa accepted diacritics, this orthography wouldn't be
a solution, for the "h" has the second advantage to prevent that the
following "s" be pronounced as [z] (don't say that's "difficult"; Occidental
behaves the same with "s" !)

Olivier
http://sambahsa.pbworks.com/