BTW, my wife recently got a pop-up at a website (that she'd linked to from a
legitimate site) that wanted her to do a "virus check" by clicking a button.
It had the official MS icons and all that. She called me in from the other
room and I spotted a couple -- ONLY a couple -- of telltale English-language
problems. It was enough to raise my hackles past the hackle-threshold. I
told her to kill the popup without hitting any of the buttons, neither OK
nor CANCEL. And, of course, it wouldn't let her, so then it was absolutely
certain to be phishing. I showed her how to kill the browser process.
--larry