On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Matthew Barnett
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> <deinx nxtxr> wrote:
>>

>> The end of something may not be the goal (=the intended endponit). SASXSEK
>> uses "gol" to mean "goal, target, intention, aim".  "fin" refers to the
>> "end" or "finishing/completion" point.
>>
> How about "the end justifies the means"? :-)

Well, in fairness I think Dana said "*may* not be the goal," so I
think he recognizes that depending on the use, "end" can mean "goal,"
but it doesn't always do so. When we say "the end of the movie," we
don't mean the goal. So "end" is somewhat polysemous.

--
Jens Wilkinson
Neo Patwa (patwa.pbwiki.com)