On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 3:31 PM, Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I wonder if [diagramming sentences] is even taught anymore?

I remember learning to diagram sentences in 6th grade, in 1995 --
California public school. I don't know what the current state of
education is, but as recently as 15 years ago (omg I feel old ;) ;))
they were still teaching diagramming sentences.

As everyone else here has mentioned, I secretly enjoyed the task, even
though everyone else in task groaned about how confusing and difficult
and boring it was. :)

--
AA