Jens Wilkinson wrote:
> There is one comment I can make about the list of etymology,
> and it's not just about Sambahsa, because the same thing
> happens with Neo Patwa. Sometimes it's really unclear where
> to categorize a word. At first I was wondering why there were
> so many French words, but in reality there are many words
> that seem hard to categorize. For example, "hotel" may
> originally be from French, but it might as well be an English
> word.

Often etymologies are long chains of borrowings which involve sound
changes and meaning changes. They are interesting from linguistic point of
view, but that's all. I am more interested to know in which languages
Pandunia's words are used at present. That's why I record multiple sources
for every word of Pandunia. "Hotel" is used in so many languages today
that it doesn't make any sense to label it a French word. It is a global
word.

-- Risto