--- On Mon, 2/8/10, <deinx nxtxr> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> This one though is very distinction having little to do
> with passive or active.  "See" and "hear" are sensory
> but "look" and "listen" are mental processes.  In fact
> they could all be combined into a word for "mind" or "pay
> attention to".

If they're purely mental then presumably the blind can look and the deaf can listen.

But in any case, trayen/inten/atenshan si would work for "look"; I may eventually have *lukin, but it would probably be more like anga-lukin (angry look[ing]) or Mi no fil laikin [da] hi lukin (Ne placxas al mi lia aspecto/mieno).

Steve