On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 03:19:07PM +0100, Carsten Becker wrote:
> Amanda Babcock Furrow schrieb:
> > So far I've learned that Ket verb strategies for marking subject-object
> > coordination are "an idiosyncracy of each stem".  I.e., it depends on
> > the verb stem whether marking is nominative-accusative, ergative-
> > absolutive... or one of several other flavors.
>
> Actually I planned to make a sister language of Ayeri that was Split-S
> and did exactly that -- whether a verb was S/A or S/P was lexicalized.

Ket is even weirder than just being lexically split-S - the actual position
in the verb complex of where the pronominal markers will appear apparently
is lexically determined...

But currently, I'm still reading about nouns.  I like the fossilized noun-
derivation strategy whereby things that were originally possessed forms
of other nouns became different, more specific nouns.

Amanda