Philip Newton wrote:
> 2010/3/15 R A Brown <[log in to unmask]>:
>> WHATL will be the ATL derived (mainly/wholly?) from RHATL in which his Hellenic 'Engadinese' developed (it may be that PBJ's 'Galliote' can co-exist in the same alternate time-line).
>
> In that case, it will likely be rather sketchy; I'm not much of a
> world-builder, let alone a timeline-builder

Nor I!

I just wanted a very basic background scenario for TAKE -
nothing detailed. What I just do not want is for something
like another 'Ill Bethisad' to develop from WHAT(L), RHTAL
or whatever.

If one or two individuals want to develop this Hellenic
alternative time-line (ATL) further, then fair enough.  I
see no objection at all to different, contradictory
developments - as long each  ATL is clearly distinguished.
What I really, really do not want is one single
WHAT(L)/RHATL in which disparate developments are somehow
fudged together.

Let each cook (or small group of cooks) cook their own
particular dish.  Let us not have too many cooks spoiling
one ill-tasting broth!

--
Ray