2010/3/31 Kjell Rehnstr?öm <[log in to unmask]>:
> <deinx nxtxr> skrev:
>>
>> I think the best way would be to just lump together each set of homoglyphs
>> into an entire class so that when you register the domain, you'll also be
>> registering all the permutations of names that will look the same.  Even
>> here there's probably room for some to fall through the cracks but it's a
>> complicated situation and I doubt there is anything that will work 100%.
>>
> If those who register domains did their work, there shouldn't be any
> problem. It is strange that the US that in reality decides everything about
> domains cannot supervise domains like .edu .com and so on.

Figure most of the process is automated.  Human supervision wouldn't
be practical with millions of domains to watch over.  The best that
could be done with the existing system is come up with some software
to watch for suspicious names (like mixed scripts) and disallow them.
Down the road though they really do need to come up with a better more
permanent solution.