My linguistics class uses Yule's The Study of Language and the
Language Files from Ohio State U.  The Language Files could be what
you're looking for; it's broken up into brief, modular files covering,
usually, a smallish slice of a subfield.  It's actually suitable,
depending how you use it, for everything from intro to grad level
study.

--
I have stretched ropes from steeple to steeple; garlands from window
to window; golden chains from star to star, and I dance.  --Arthur