Fellow Colleagues,

We are attempting to build a simulation center at my institution and would
appreciate people's opinion on audio-visual systems that work well with
medical simulation, particulalry with Laerdal SimBaby.  One company in
particular, B-Line, seems to have a decent product, but we suspect they may
be overpriced and not worth the investment.

Can people provide their experiences with B-Line, or other audio-visual
companies that they worked with, in regards to the following topics:
1. How much did the system cost?
2. What hardware/software is included in your system (cameras, monitors,
wiring, databases, hubs, etc)?
3. Has the investment been worth the cost?
4. How is customer support / warranty coverage?
5. Is the system functional or are there frequent breakdowns?
6. Is your system mobile or mounted to the physical space?

Also, if people have built systems on their own (for significantly less
money) we would be interested in your feedback as well.

Please respond directly to my email: [log in to unmask]

Thanks for your responses,

Eric Weinberg M.D.
Assistant Professor, Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College / New York Presbyterian Hospital

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html