works great.   I don't know the literature but try talking to your
pharmacist.  They can usually come up with some info on bioavailability and
purity.  IV meds are usually much more pure without any exipients.   In this
case they would probably be very happy to win over the nurses as the IV
formulation is generic and cheap while the OTCs are expensive.

Matt