We have had a policy in place for along time that restricts the ED surgery/procedures to 30 minutes. Plus procedural sedation is a sevice we offer and have the right to with hold it if we are too busy or if we feel it is unsafe for the patient.

Your guy is just taking advantage of you and the ED. Abusing the ED staff ( they are not surgical nurses)

is a pretty risky way to a lawsuit. I would say you need to put your foot down and set alimit on cases doen in the ED. Certainly no more than anhour. better if it's 30 minutes or less. Afterall a simple porcedure shouldn't require 4 hours!

Marty

http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID27925::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:032010_1
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html