Jing is implemented in Java and it acts as a content handler set on an
XML parser. AFAIK there is no XML parser in Java that can handle the
xpointer scheme. Xerces has support only for element scheme and
shorthand pointers, see
http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-xinclude.html#faq-8

If you add an intermediary step that replaces the XInclude elements with
the corresponding content then you can use Jing on the result to
validate against a schema.

Best Regards,
George
--