On 1 May 2010 21:59, David Peterson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I may be getting some copular interference, but ADJ-ART-N seems
> to me like a lovely way of doing it (e.g. "And I looked up at blue
> the sky and mused, 'Life is so pointful!'"). I really, really like it. I
> wonder if I can fit it into a language somehow...

It's the standard word order of noun phrases in Maggel (which also allows
ART-N-ADJ, but that order is less common and marked). And when you add a
preposition, the word order becomes ADJ-PREP-(ART)-N (the preposition may
forbid the use of the article, or mandate it, or change meaning depending on
the presence of the article).

Of course, the adjective gets changed in non-obvious ways depending on the
gender, number and function of the noun, the presence of a preposition, and
its position in the noun phrase. In writing, the adjective and the article
often end up forming a single word, despite belonging to separate prosodic
units in speech.

Adding more than one adjective to a noun is where the fun starts ;P .
--
Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets.

http://www.christophoronomicon.nl/