Gary Shannon wrote:
> Perhaps almost as pointless as conlanging and golf, to pick two other
> pointless pursuits at random. Name one pursuit that IS pointful (to
> coin an adjective, which is itself a pointless activity since nobody
> will every use it, as attested to by the fact that Joss Whedon used
> "pointy" as the opposite of "pointless" (which also never caught on)
> when he pointlessly wrote the script to "Buffy the Vampire Slayer",
> yet another pointless TV drama.)

I am going to use "pointful" at least 5 times this week. It will make me
happy and will annoy a few other people in an amusing way. I realize
it's not very pointful, but there's a certain point where pointless
randomosity crosses over to pointful play, where the point is to have fun.

Goodness, English has some weird sounding words in it. "Point" would be
one of those, to me. It sounds like it ought to mean the sound of a
large rubber band being plucked.

Mia.