On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Jörg Rhiemeier <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Sun, 2 May 2010 19:21:26 +0200, taliesin the storyteller wrote:
>
>>       http://www.textfiles.com/sf/STARTREK/klinlang.txt

> This is weird.  It speaks of the language as "Klingonaase", but what
> is described is obviously Okrand's Klingon - an entirely different
> language!

I don't know enough of either version of Klingon to be sure, but it
looks to me as though the author of that file was trying to retcon
Mike Ford and Marc Okrand's conlangs into a single continuity, as
different dialects of the same language.  The latter being far more
fully documented, I suppose he relies more on it than on the former.
He also seems to draw a few words from other Star Trek tie-in novels,
whose authors as far as I know didn't coördinate their work with Ford
or Okrand either one.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/