On 05/02/2010 08:42 PM, Charlie wrote:
> --- In [log in to unmask], Gary Shannon<fiziwig@...>  wrote:
>
>> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Jörg Rhiemeier<joerg_rhiemeier@...>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hallo!
>>>

>>> Indeed; Klingonaase was before tlhIngan Hol.  But AFAIK, thlIngan Hol
>>> is not based on Ford's Klingonaase, and one must say that they are
>>> different conlangs, even if both purport to be the language of the
>>> same people.
>>>
>> Isn't speaking of THE language of the Klingons like speaking of THE
>> language of the humans. Surely Kronos was a large enough planet to
>> have more than one culture and more than one language.
>>
>> --gary
>>

> I have the same question about the planet in "Avatar."
> Charlie

Perhaps even more so, since Pandora isn't made out to be a unified world
with a strong central government that could impose such a connection.
Although I suppose the interconnectedness of apparently all life forms
on Pandora with the planet itself (via the ponytails...) might lead to a
single language.