--- In [log in to unmask], Roger Mills <romiltz@...> wrote:

> But come on, guys--it's a story!!  if alien Capt. K'rg and a bunch of his people were to descend into, say, Indianapolis, would they have the time, knowledge or inclination to report back about the Chinese, Lithuanians, Serbs, Tehuelches, Cree, Marathis, Balinese, Tongans, Aleuts et al.? Would they necessarily even become aware, in one short visit, that those folks existed.?

My apologies for the preceding non-message.

Granted it is just a story and we only get a portion of the total picture, but I do find it difficult to believe that, were this real life, a race of beings capable of interstellar travel would land in Indianapolis without having done a bit of research and discovered that the planet is multilingual.

Has anyone done any research on the language of the Thermians in the movie "Galaxy Quest"? :-)

Charlie