Yitzik wrote:
> Ok. I see your point. I merely want to say that dozens
> of civilised natlangs live without gender distinction
> in pronouns, that is why there is no need to have them
> obligatory in an auxlang.

I agree. For speakers of those languages obligatory gender distinction is
a typical stumbling block. Even optional gender pronouns are nearly
useless, because in the rare occasions where you would really need to use
such a pronoun, you can as readily say e.g. "the girl" or "the man".

However if such optional pronouns were present, some people would use them
all the time (some even when talking about their pets and vehicles), and
others would never use them. That could nourish divergence of dialects.

-- Risto