Your language is a bit loaded; I'm sure we all care.  But, again, I ask, how did this become the responsibility of the ED?
And why?  What about personal responsibility?  Sounds like the gov't trying to take care of everyone and every little thing?  No
wonder we're broke.  I hope my taxes aren't going for this.