Children's National Medical Center is seeking energetic and enthusiastic
PEM physicians for immediate opportunities with an intense but
fun-loving faculty group at one of the nation's leading pediatric
hospitals. We have 30 faculty members and 9 fellows and we also employ
17 pediatricians and 6 nurse practitioners.

We are in need of additional faculty because of the incredible academic
and administrative successes within our group, including

*	Over 3 million dollars of federal research grants in 2009
*	One of four national nodes for the Pediatric Emergency Care
Applied Research Network (PECARN)
*	3 K-Award scholars
*	Advancement to key leadership positions in hospital
administration in advocacy, research, and education
*	Opening a new satellite emergency department

We currently staff a 39-bed emergency department, an adjacent 4-bed
observation unit, and a fast track/urgent care area across the waiting
room from the main ED. We are a Level 1 pediatric trauma center, as well
as a major referral center for the Baltimore/Washington area, and we
serve as online Medical Control for both prehospital agencies and our
own critical care interhospital transport team. We have a separate
Division of Transport Medicine, run by one of our faculty members, to
support the astounding growth of this program, which includes an inhouse
helicopter transport system and a state-of-the-art communications
center.

In addition to an exciting and challenging clinical program treating
over 85,000 patients per year, we are actively involved in major
academic pursuits. We are one of four regional nodes for the Pediatric
Emergency Care Applied Research Network (PECARN), which treats over
750,000 pediatric patients per year at 22 hospitals. In addition to
PECARN, we have federal funding to support research in the treatment of
status epilepticus, research to improve the regional delivery of asthma
care, and basic research on the genomics of asthma and sepsis. Several
of our faculty and fellows have successfully partnered with Dr. Eric
Hoffman, one of the nation's leading experts in genomics and
proteinomics. We are the lead institution in the first pediatric study
to utilize the FDA exception from informed consent for emergency
research, and our asthma research is the cornerstone of a
multidisciplinary and multi-agency regional asthma center.  Children's
has dramatically increased its NIH funding and has moved from 53rd to
12th in the nation for pediatric centers.  Fellows are actively involved
in clinical and translational research.  Several faculty members
participate in a Master Teachers program, a certificate program focusing
on educational scholarship and adult learning/human resource development
designed to maximize our potential as medical educators.  Washington is
also the focus of intense advocacy efforts on behalf of children.

In September 2010, we will be opening a new, state-of-the-art emergency
department in Washington, DC, approximately 7 miles from the main
campus. The facility is being built to our specifications and will be
staffed by Children's National physicians and nurses.

We have openings for both academically oriented and clinically oriented
faculty.  Salary and benefits are competitive and Washington, DC is a
great place to live.

If you are interested, please contact

James Chamberlain, M.D.
Division Chief, Emergency Medicine