Den 7. jun. 2010 kl. 11.38 skreiv John Lategan:

> eg:
> The man who you saw yesterday ate the apple.
> = manNOM-REL appleACC eat; youNOM manACC-REL yesterday-see
>
> The man ate the apple that you picked
> = manNOM appleACC-REL eat; youNOM appleACC-REL pick

Suraetua also is verb-final, but it avoids embedding clauses. Each
clause is placed neatly next to each other with the verb as the
delimiter between them. The verbs may be compound or consist of an
auxiliary alone. The auxiliaries contain information about the
relations between the clauses. For example, the sentences above become:

Uke kalaku ei ja joaninas ure itasu.
man-erg apple eat he-did-to-it yesterday see you-did-to-him-rel.

Uke kalaku ei ja udikura itasu.
man-erg apple eat he-did-to-it pick-down you did-to-it-rel.

Since Suraetua doesn't have gender, it cannot distinguish between the
participants in the main clause here with the auxiliary itasu, which
is the same in both sentences. Here, this is easily resolved through
the context, and I think this will be possible in most other cases as
well. If not, you rephrase.

Note that the order of the clauses are not important. "Joaninas ure
itasu uke kalaku ei ja" means exactly the same as the sentence above.

LEF