On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Mechthild Czapp <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On a related question: Have you ever considered how you would deal with other people actually using your language?
>While I think that people who actually learn rejistanian and 'sidekhir iti'het rejistaniha (reach the rejistanian status, ie: understand the philosophy and ideas behind it) are part of the development because they chose to immerse themselves in it, I fear that completely freeing the language would make it fork more than BSD. So I wonder how to balance this best. Have you or anyone on the list considered it? How do the language creators in the conlang-learners project handle it?

This hasn't been an issue so far.   Several people have studied
gj-zym-byn enough to write a small amount of text in it, and of
those, a few have proposed new words -- all compounds and derivations,
no new roots -- most of which I ratified.  There hasn't been enough
use of the language by people other than me for divergence or forking
to be a potential issue.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/