I don't recall having suggested Sambahsa as the common language for the
EU, and if I really have written something in that direction it has been
ment ironically.

One could choose Esperanto/Ido Interlingua. Occidental and Novial would
demand some overhaul, but if that could be done, perhaps Novial would work.

On the other hand Esperanto is the only auxlang with a sizeable body of
speakers, so that would demand the least work. It would take enough work
to adapt it to EU terminology, but that could be done.

I learnt esperanto by choice, English because it was on the curriculum.

Kjell R