On 6/10/10, Kjell Rehnstr?öm <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Stephen Rice skrev:
>>
>> The standard argument against using an auxlang is that "artificial"
>> languages lack the precision and nuance of "real" languages. There's
>> no chance of  dispelling such prejudice short of the Auxlang Epiphany.
>> That's why I advocate that as the priority: as long as they can
>> pretend that even Eo is a "fake" language, they can avoid the logical
>> solution.
>>
> These people don't have an idea what they are talking about. English is
> as dead a language to me as is Esperanto – or living if you prefer!

That's why I identified it as a "prejudice": no knowledge or
intelligence required.

> I notice that I am more free speaking Esperanto even if I have not done
> that so actively during the last years than I am using English, even if
> I hear and see it around every day.

Which means you've already experienced the Auxlang Epiphany, as I
think we all have: you have achieved experiential knowledge that your
putative representatives lack. That's the problem. The solution evades
me.

Steve