On 6/13/10 9:22 PM, Louie wrote:
> So... we're allowed to talk about politics and religion as long as nobody
> gets offended?

And of course nobody knows until someone is offended.  Anyway the
dicussion really wasn't directly about religion but about religious
terminology, therefore technically on-topic.  I understand the need to
keep off-topic material off the list to keep it efficient, and
especially the need to keep people from promoting their religious or
political beliefs because such topics tend to become heated but we can
expect from time to time the need to discuss semantics surrounding
certain controversional subjects as these.  I really don't see an issue
as long as we keep them on a purely technical level and avoid advocacy.

> Honestly, I think there should be a rule that says, "You're not allowed to
> get offended over the cross or crown." But alas, it's unlikely ever to
> happen...

Amen.