I do believe we all have Synesthesia from birth
but society brainwash us at a young age, just like you cant have imaginary friends, see/talk to the dead, etc

people on autism spectrum, Synesthesia more common because of the brain rewiring
for some people color and temperature are related
blue = cold
red = hot

tom