On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 09:50:48 -0700, Sai Emrys <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 7:55 AM, Jeffrey S. Jones <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> > X other ___busy________________
>
> I'll refrain from going into details since I think Henrik considers
> them personal. He is (AFAIK) still subscribed, just high latency and
> probably not reading everything.

I'm not reading everything myself, more subject headers than actual content.
:)

> If you want to get his attention, email [log in to unmask] I would
> not rely on mere mention in a thread to get a prompt (i.e. <2 week
> delay) response.

I figured you, if anybody besides HT, would have some idea, and you have
been posting recently.

> FWIW, the same goes for me. Right now it's not bad (I'm just
> distracted), but come September, I'll be starting grad school[0]...
> and thus my free time will plummet drastically. If you have anything
> time-sensitive (i.e. <1 week response time) that you want me to
> respond to, I suggest IMing or calling me. Info is on my site.

I'll have to remember that in September, if possible.

> IMO moderation isn't needed here. The flamey bits are, I think, just a
> brief sputter in an otherwise interesting thread, which is continuing
> without. Ignoring them will help ensure it stays that way. Note that I
> have no control whatsoever over the list; only Henrik does, TTBOMK. So
> this is just my opinion as a list member.

If people will also be more careful about tags, that should work.

--
Jeff

> - Sai
> http://saizai.com
>
> [0] U. Chicago, MA Social Science, as first step towards PhD
> cognitive/social neuroscience, research focus on neuroscience of
> empathy. Introductions to people in the Chicago area would be greatly
> appreciated, since moving is going to be a severe disruption for me.

too bad U. Chicago's in Chicago ....