Hi Dana,

actually that may be due to the font you're using. It needs to be
incorporatable into the PDF. Though for some reason on Ubuntu 10.04,
OpenOffice refuses to print certain fonts as well as including them in a
PDF file for me too, although the few affected fonts I've tried it with
said that they're embeddable. It's always worked fine on Windows.

It's been a while since I've last used OSX, but I guess there might a
possibility to print to file? At least that's possible on Linux and you
can choose between PS and PDF usually. OpenOffice maybe won't let you
choose a separate PDF generator in the printer menu, but there is a
checkbox for "Print to file" next to the dropdown menu where you can
choose the printer. At least in the Windows and Linux versions.

Carsten

--
My Conlang: http://benung.nfshost.com
Der Sprachbaukasten: http://sanstitre.nfshost.com/sbk