On Sat, 2010-06-12 at 17:38 -0400, wrote:
> Does anyone know of a *good* way to make a PDF of an Open Office (.odt)
> document?  OO completely screwed up my document by omitting certain
> characters though they display properly in OO.  Apparently it's not
> rendering certain rare characters like <ə> or <ħ> for example.

I've just tested OpenOffice v 3.0 for ʔəʎɲɯɬ using DejaVu, Liberation,
and LinuxLibertine fonts with no problems. Could it be the PDF viewer
giving trouble? I've used Evince since a couple of problems with
Acroread. "Print to file" is an option in the print dialog, after you've
selected the print option. All this is on Linux, though, and the Mac may
be different.