On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 22:28:31 +0100, Eugene Oh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Ancient Arithide had three basic lexical classes: persons, things and
>places, of which the latter had a more deviant declension because of its
>"abstract" nature".

Because of its abstract nature?  What's the mechanism for this?  I could see
a noun class of places having variant formations for some local cases,
because of old adpositions or whatever that were only used locally; I could
see a class of abstract nouns having a basically defective declension, since
they can't be used in certain semantic roles which demand concrete nouns;
but I don't quite see what you're getting at here.

Alex