On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 18:46:35 -0400, <deinx nxtxr>
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On 6/8/10 3:55 PM, Louie wrote:
> > It looks good to me. Natural enough to be believable, but also following a
> > pattern.
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Dana Nutter<[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> >> I don't know why but I just never seem to be satisfied with the Deini
> >> pronoun system.  This time it's the formal 2nd person "anda" that I
> >> just don't think fits in with the rest so I've maybe-temporarily made
> >> it "vu".
> >>
> >> I'm also having doubts about having just a single 3rd person pronoun
> >> so I'm playing with the idea of having distinct  male, female, and
> >> epicene/inanimate forms:  "ha/he", "ssa/sse", "ddei/dda", though only
> >> one plural: "ddei/dda".
> >>
> >> (sorry. don't have my custom keyboard here at work so I used digraphs:
> >>   dd=edh [D], ss=s-hacek [S], zz=z-hacek [Z], ë=schwa [@];
> >> also excuse the poor formatting, I'm using webmail)
> >>
> >>           Nominative / Oblique / Possessive / Genitive
> >> Sing.
> >> 1st :   zzo / me / mi / mië
> >>
> >> 2nd fam.:   tu / te / toi / tojë
> >> 2nd form:   vu / vu / voi / vojë
> >>
> >> 3rd male.:   ha / he / hi / hië
> >> 3rd fem.   ssa / sse / ssi / ssië
> >> 3rd epicene:  ddei / dda / ddi / ddië
> >>
> >> Plur.
> >> 1st:   we / wë / wi / wië
> >> 2nd fam:   ju / jë / jei / jejë
> >> 2nd form:   vu / vu / voi / vojë
> >> 3rd epicene:  ddei / dda / ddi / ddië
> >>
> >> I suppose my question here is whether this looks "right" or
> >> "believable", as in does it seem to fit well without being too
> >> "regular" or "unnatural".  Though there are considerable Romance and
> >> Slavic influences, the foundation is intended to be Low-Germanic.
>
> Oops I did get the 3PS reversed when I wrote that.  Male should be "hei
> / ha/ hi hiə " and female "šei / ša / ši / šiə".

This is your personal language, right? So I can't really comment on it. But
since I keep tinkering with the pronouns in my auxlangs I can sympathize.
(Example: Right at this moment I'm wondering if I should scrap the possessive
pronouns and just of with one of the other genitive constructions.)