On 6/25/10 5:12 PM, Patrick Michael Niedzielski wrote:
>> Isn't the window title always drawn by the window manager (not the program that owns the window)?
>
> Eric,
>
> It is, usually.  The only reason I can think of this happening would be
> if the titlebar were drawn like in Chromium, where it draws it on its
> own.  iTunes and RealPlayer are other examples I can think of off the
> top of my head.  I've never used Firefox that much, so is it possible
> that themes can change the titlebar?

There are those programs, and I find it very arrogant of software
designers to disrepespect my choice of skin by using something of their
own.  Not much of a problem now that I use OS X because it doesn't give
many customization options in the first place, but I can think of quite
a few Windless apps that I have removed because they traded the standard
user interface for a non-standard one, including the ones you mention.
WinAmp is one I always found exceptionally annoying because it used its
own font, rendering Unicode titles unintelligible in the song list.

I use the Windows, OSX and Linux versions of FF and it does seem to
respect the GUI though ISTR there are a few skin options buried in the
settings.  I've used Firefox for many years, and Mozilla before that.
So far I have yet to find a browser I prefer (I wish they had an iPhone
version too).  The adblocker and flashblocker plugins alone make it
worthy.  Just my 2c worth.