--- Zeinelabidin Elhassi napisal:

> And also with the constructed language ,there will be no
> mistakes with the pronunciation.
> For example if you pronounced a national language without
> accuracy then that would be a mistake ,because there are
> native speakers who pronounce the language in the standard
> way. The problem is that the national language itself
> evolved while the older pronunciations would be considered
> wrong.

That's true. Case in point: Slovianski, especially the relationship between E and a preceding consonant. In Russian, a consonant is always palatalised before E. Polish does the same in its historical evolution, but in the meantime, it has gathered lots of foreign loans with hard (= non-palatalising) E. The further South you go, the harder it becomes, until you reach Bulgarian, where palatalisation is almost completely gone.

And here's the deal: because of the above, NE can be pronounced both ways. But because we also distinguish between NA and NJA, it would be foolish not to distinguish between NE and NJE. And there you go...

Jan