> Could you please give me any suggestions how to indicate this
> "curly bracket" (
> http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/FHlVUUSAER5Z7-9ZlXMX7w?feat=directlink)
> in a TEI transcription of an MS?

Question boils down in large part to whether the details of what the
brace or bracket looks like are important or not. One possibility is
that you are trying to record the textual structure, with a mere nod
towards what it looked like in the source. Another is that you want
to record exactly what the page looks like. For now I'll presume the
former.

I don't know what the underlying textual structures *are* (heck, I
can't even decipher the paleography), but presuming here that the
left-hand column is a shopping list and the block on the right is an
authorial annotation, one could use something like the following:

      <list type="shopping">
        <item>Jamm</item>
        <item xml:id="ans1">Gwoud</item>
        <item>Lupos</item>
        <item>Simons</item>
        <item xml:id="ane1">Eralbuzo</item>
        <item>Dequals</item>
      </list>
      <note target="#ans1" targetEnd="#ane1" rend="braced">Della
            difcendenora <!-- ... --> ing fun</note>